In addition to facial plastic surgery, Dr. Stella specializes in non-surgical facial enhancement and rejuvenation. She is a skilled artist when it comes to using injectable fillers, such as RADIESSE®, Restylane®, Voluma®, and JUVÉDERM®, to give Seattle women and men a variety of improvements. With today's fillers, Dr. Stella can soften wrinkles, enhance the lips, sculpt the nose, and restore lost facial volume to help her patients look younger and more attractive.
To learn more about injectable fillers or other treatments offered at the Stella Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, request a consultation or call our office at 206-682-3223. We look forward to helping you with any questions or concerns you may have and getting you on your way to looking and feeling your best!
Why should I choose Dr. Stella for filler treatments?
Dr. Stella Desyatnikova is skilled and experienced at performing soft tissue filler injections and has a great artistic eye for giving you the best results. She has advanced training in facial plastic surgery and is board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. She is also on the teaching faculty for Allergan, Medicis, and Palette aesthetic courses and has been training other doctors and nurses how to administer fillers for years, serving as an authority on the best and most effective ways to improve facial appearance.
Which fillers do you offer?
Dr. Stella offers the following fillers, each with unique benefits and made without animal products:
- JUVÉDERM contains hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a natural substance in the body that gives the skin volume and fullness. This versatile filler is used for fine lines, deeper facial folds, and the lips. Results last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is an HA filler that restores volume to the entire cheek area for a natural-looking lift of the mid-face. It contains lidocaine for enhanced comfort during treatments. Results can last up to 2 years.
- Restylane® is another HA filler and is used to provide improvements that are similar to JUVÉDERM for areas with thin, delicate skin such as under the eyes, smile lines (nasolabial folds), and lip lines. Results last up to 6 months and up to 2 years under the eyes.
- Perlane® is similar to Restylane but contains larger particles of hyaluronic acid for deeper wrinkles and areas that need an overall increase in volume, such as the cheeks and chin. Results last up to 12 months.
- RADIESSE® is excellent for renewing the mid-face, including smile lines and marionette lines. It differs from HA fillers because it contains tiny particles of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), a substance found in the teeth and bones, which help increase the production of a patient's own collagen over time. Results last up to a year.
During your consultation, Dr. Stella will ask you to describe the changes you'd like to make and develop a personalized treatment plan that will give you the most satisfying results. She may suggest a combination of filler treatments, another non-surgical option, or facial plastic surgery. Visit Dr. Stella's Injectable Fillers FAQ for more information.
What are filler treatments like?
Injectable filler treatments are performed in our office and are usually complete in 30 minutes. For enhanced comfort, patients can choose to have a topical anesthetic applied before the treatment begins. Dr. Stella then uses a fine needle to inject the filler beneath the area being addressed. Because the results are immediate, Dr. Stella will talk with you throughout the treatment to ensure you attain the look you want.
Call filler treatments be used instead of surgery?
Many people are not ready for surgery but still want to look younger or improve their facial features. Dr. Stella can provide results that are similar to many cosmetic surgery procedures yet are temporary with injectable filler treatments. She has extensive experience using fillers to take the place of a variety of surgical procedures including those listed in the table below.
|Instead of||Dr. Stella Can Use Fillers to|
|Rhinoplasty||Define the bridge of the nose to make it look more narrow or even out a hump or bump
Sculpt the tip of the nose to make nostrils look smaller or smooth an overly upturned nose
|Lower eyelid surgery||Fill out sunken tear troughs and reduce under-eye bags|
|Cheek lift||Make the cheeks look rounder and more youthful and give a slight lift to sagging jowls|
|Lip implants||Sculpt and plump up thin or flattened lips|